Invented by the Niépce brothers, the Pyréolophore officially entered the collections of Le Musée des Arts et Métiers last September 27, 2018.
Watch the best moments of this event with the speeches of:
- Mr. Manuel Bonnet, direct descendant of Nicéphore Niépce,
- Ms. Catherine Cuenca, Deputy Director of Le Musée des Arts et Métiers,
- Mr Sébastien Candel, President of the Academy of Sciences,
- Mr Jean-Louis Bruley, PhD in Mechanical Engineering,
- Mr. Lionel Dufaux, responsible for the Energy and Transport collections.
After 20 years years of research, Spéos and the Nicéphore Niépce House‘s team have officially proven that the invention of Nicéphore Niépce, named the Pyréolophore, is the first internal combustion engine in the world. The official presentation was a great success with more than 200 persons coming to this event!
Nicéphore Niépce House and Spéos warmfully thank:
- le Musée des Arts et Métiers,
- Mr. Olivier Pironneau, “Académicien”,
- Mr. Francis Debras, Saint-Loup-de-Varennes’s Mayor.