At Spéos, only small numbers of students are simultaneously present in its classrooms (groups of 12 to a maximum of 16 students per class). Moreover, the school has spacious premises (1,200 m2 in total).
Spéos has put into place all the safety gestures and applies the current sanitary measures, such as:
- wearing a mask is mandatory (the school has emergency masks in case you forgot yours),
- hydro-alcoholic gel made available to students and teachers in all rooms,
- display of regularly updated information,
- constant reminder of the rules of hygiene:
. to wash hands very regularly,
. greeting without shaking hands,
. coughing or sneezing into your elbow,
. use of disposable tissues,
- taking the temperature of students at the beginning of each class to detect the onset of fever,
- strengthening the cleaning of all rooms with daily disinfection and ventilation.
During the second lockdown, which in France started on 30th October 2020, Spéos continues to operate normally and ensures the smooth delivery of all its programs.
Following the publication of decree n°2020-1310 of 29th October 2020, the French Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Labor and Employment (the two Ministries on which Spéos depends) have agreed to enact special rules for institutions offering technical courses based on specific equipment, which is the case for studio classes and all classes using Adobe software. As a result, Spéos is in a position to continue its teaching normally.
In addition, Spéos has equipped all of its classrooms with video conferencing systems, allowing for simultaneous face-to-face and online courses. The students can thus decide how they want to attend a class (except for the studio classes, which remain face-to-face workshops).
During the first confinement in March 2020, Spéos had already adapted its pedagogy and its organization to ensure the continuity of the courses for the students.